Re: [Evolution] mark_seen confusion

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 16:53 -0400, Carl Schaefer wrote:
It's easy to prevent this by unsetting the Mark Messages Read box in
Mail Preferences. I always unset it and then explicitly mark
messages as
read as I deal with them.

maybe I should try that approach, it would probably help me keep my
inbox manageable.  However, I still think the current behavior with
"Mark Messages Read" checked is buggy.

Note that the message is marked as read only if you're using Preview
mode (since logically it means that you *have* read the message). If you
find messages are still being marked even with Preview turned off, that
would be a bug.

poc