Re: [Evolution] Subject line in Swedish with å, ä, ö

On Fri, 2014-03-21 at 09:54 -0500, Stefan Sylvander wrote:
Hello,
I wonder why the Swedish letters å, ä, ö, show up just fine in the
message body, but not in the subject line of some emails. Example:
Subject: ... DEL 20, p� din beg�ran!
(Perhaps the subject line in THIS email will also illustrate the
issue?)
I was using the "default" character encoding, and switched to Unicode
UTF 8, then Western European, New (ISO-8859-15), but the issue
persists.

Ah, the murky pit that is non-ASCII character encoding and rendering.

The characters that you see indicate that the font/character set it is
trying to display doesn't have those glyphs (i.e. characters) in it.
The fact that you can see them in the body means you are using a
different font that does have the correct glyphs.

Have a play with the Gnome Character Map program (i.e. "gucharmap") and
you can see that not all fonts have all the UTF-8 characters in them.
But I'm actually quite surprised that something can't render glyphs in
the E4 Latin section.

P.