[Evolution] Evolution reminders stopped showing up before appointment.

For last 3-4 months Evolution stopped showing up customized reminders the
way I used to have them for 7 years. E.g. a reminder is set to be shown
up 2 days before start of the appointment and to be repeated 6 times
every 8 hours.

No single reminder pops up out of all requested before the appointment.
Instead all 6 reminders show up at the actual day of the appointment as
soon as a system started.

I experience the same behaviour in Debian Wheezy - Evolution v. 3.4.4, in
Ubuntu 14.04 and Xubuntu 14.04 - Evolution v. 3.10.4.

The problem is very frustrating and forces me to look for Evolution
replacement. The last is the most hated idea, since I like Evolution and
get used to it. Besides the nightmare of migrating of all my personal
data to a new PIM.

I kept googling practically in vain all this time, asked on Debian list
with a complete silence in response.

Any idea anyone, please?