Re: [Evolution] Internal server error occurred

Pálmar Þorsteinsson wrote:
Hi All,

Ever since my work place moved their mail services off of own Exchange
servers to cloud based Office 365 I've been having problems sending,
receiving and working with email using Evolution.

Currently I'm running version 3.8.4 on Ubuntu 13.10 but this problem
has persisted for a few versions. The problems I describe apply to my
current set up using EWS but moving to IMAP did not help. I have two
other accounts, IMAP, from other providers set up as well and have no
problem with them.

The problems I am experiencing with O365 & EWS are:
1. Some random email does not appear in my inbox but is visible in the
webmail. I don't see any pattern for what email gets skipped.
2. Sending email I frequently get "Internal server error"
3. Moving email between folders I frequently get "Internal server
error" or "Failed to move message cachefile". Email sometimes gets
lost when moving between folders.

My colleagues use MS Exchange and do not report any problems.

Has anyone else experienced these problems? Do you have a solution?

Thanks,
Palmar

Choose to «View deleted messages» in evolution. Do you now see those
missing mails which were only on webmail?
Expunge the folder. Do they disappear from webmail?

I had a similar experience with Exchange, I guess the same happens with
Office 365. It turned out to be:

a) Evolution moving mails with Copy + Delete [1]
b) Exchange webmail and MS Outlook connector ignoring the «deleted» flag
from those messages.

Thus all mails which were moved to other folders using IMAP, stayed
inside the INBOX inside Webmail, like ghosts not present in evolution.
The \Deleted flag only affected to IMAP. :(

Regards

1- Actually evolution supports rfc6851 MOVE extension [2] but the
Exchange server doesn't.
2-https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2014-January/msg00127.html