Re: [Evolution] Signon problems with evolution-mapi.

On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 17:03 +0000, kingma bluewin ch wrote:
I attempt to setup a evolution-mapi account that used to work fine.

When during setup I give a wrong password evolution response almost
immediately
When I type the correct password evolution wait about 45 sec. and than
than a message appears :

GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: Not begun prompting for
this prompt callback

Were can I upload a wireshark capture for evaluation?

        Hi,
usually to https://bugzilla.gnome.org, but I would not upload the
wireshark capture, because from what you say it seems to me that there
failed something when OpenChange/samba were negotiating the profile
settings with the server. Rather run evolution from a terminal like
this:
   $ MAPI_DEBUG=15 evolution
and then repeat the Authenticate process, and see what will be printed
there. Even the Samba code knows exact error, then this is not passed
through libmapi (from OpenChange) to the caller, thus the best effort
on evolution-mapi side is to claim the password is wrong, even the exact
error can be different.

I do not know what Exchange server version you connect to, neither
whether it has enabled the EWS (Exchange Web Services) protocol, but I
would suggest to give a try to evolution-ews, which uses lighter
dependencies, quicker response and is under active development, while
evolution-mapi is in a maintenance mode currently, basically left as a
replacement of evolution-exchange, thus to have a connector for old
Exchange 2003 servers. Note that Exchange 2013 servers has MAPI disabled
by default (except of RPC-over-HTTP, but samba cannot connect this way
yet).
        Bye,
        Milan