Re: [Evolution] Asked for mail passwords even though I check to have them added to keyring.

Recently when I log in to Gnome Shell (Ubuntu GNOME 13.10) I am asked
for the login passwords for my two mail accounts in Evolution (IMAP). I
am sometimes, but not always, asked again when I open Evolution, then
they are remembered for a while or to the next time reboot. I'm not sure
whether this is a Gnome Shell or an Evolution issue, but I try here
first.

Running Evolution 3.8.4 on Ubuntu GNONE 13.10 x64

I suspect it's an Ubuntu issue since the people who report this all seem
to be using it - but that may just be coincidence.

Are the accounts configured using Gnome shell (i.e. as "online accounts"
or whatever they're called) or are they configured in Evolution?

Is gnome-keyring-daemon running?

If you use seahorse to look at the stored Gnome passwords, are there any
Evolution passwords stored?  (There may be quite a lot of things stored
in the keyring so use the filter at the top to search for "evolution".)

When you startup seahorse, are you asked for a password to access the
keyring?

P.