Re: [Evolution] Matching reply identity with the address the e-mail was sent to.

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 09:00 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 20:53 -0600, Christian Dysthe wrote:
We recently started using Evolution and I have three e-mail accounts
come in one Gmail account. In Gmail web and Thunderbird you can add
profiles/identities so that when you reply to an e-mail the from address
matches the address the mail was sent to. In Evolution I found out how
to use send only identities, but when I reply to mail coming from one of
the secondary accounts the default identity is used, not the one the
mail was sent to. Is this a bug, me setting it up wrong, or a missing
feature?

I run Evolution 3.8.4 on UbuntuGNOME 13.10 x64

      Hi,
I think it's due to the folder-associated account got a precedence on
the resolution based on the recipient account. Though this seems to work
fine for me with a POP account, if I reply to a message send to it,
resided in On This Computer/Inbox, the POP account is chosen in the
composer as the From account.

Yes, if I receive a mail send "To" one of my "secondary" POP accounts a
reply automatically will use this account, but if I receive a mail send
"To" a mailing list and by this mailing list it was "forwarded" to one
of those "secondary" POP accounts, then a reply will use the default
account. IOW it depends to the entry in the "To" field. Does it show the
"secondary" account or the address of a mailing list?!

Evolution 3.12.0 (still to be done) will contain a feature to set
explicitly which account to use for certain recipients and folders,
which may help for you too, I guess.

We are at 3.10.3 now, so this might take some time. When do you think
will it be released? It's an urgently needed feature.

Regards,
Ralf