[Evolution] A humble request

This morning about 9:00am PST, it seems that ATT disabled it's old smtp server address smtp.att.yahoo.com, switching over to a new one,  outbound.att.net .  ATT warned subscribers that something was going to happen, but their email didn't make clear what, and hinted that the changes were about the web interface only, which I don't use much.  In any case, about 9:00am it became impossible for me to send email.  The only symptoms were a login failure on my attempts to send.

It would be a tremendous help if there were some way to follow traffic between the evolution email client and email servers.  There has been an on and off discussion about this on this list, but the situation has only got worse.  The latest info was a posting about 2 years ago:
From:Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
To:evolution-list gnome org
Subject:[Evolution] Documenting DEBUG variables
Date:Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:38:38 +0200 (08/24/2011 10:38:38 AM)

I've recently added three more variables to the list on
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml .

If any further variables that can be set by users come to anybody's
mind, please mention them (plus their potential values) so I can list
them.

A quick grep for _DEBUG shows:
* evolution
  * ACC_DEBUG