Re: [Evolution] Memos back end support

On Sat, 2014-02-01 at 14:47 -0500, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Sat, 2014-02-01 at 19:27 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I've no idea. I'm guessing that the Apple version uses some kind of
specially-formatted message, since IMAP doesn't have a memo object to my
knowledge (I could easily be wrong).

He might be talking about the IMAP ANNOTATE extension [1].  I notice one
of the RFC authors is at Apple.  Evolution doesn't currently support it.

Matthew Barnes

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5257

I am not sure about ANNOTATE extension. The method below is supported on
all IMAP servers, including very old ones:

Apple Mail creates IMAP folder named "Notes".
Each message corresponds to a Note(Memo).
From address is always owner's email
Subject is always the first line of the Note (Memo) text.
Body is full Note (Memo) text (all lines, including the first one).
If Note(Memo) is modified, original message is marked as deleted and one
with new contents is created.

Here are the headers: