Re: [Evolution] Installing evolution 3.12 in Ubuntu 14.04

On Fri, 2014-08-08 at 12:34 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 2014-08-07 at 11:11 -0500, James R. Martin wrote:
I have installed Ubuntu 14.94 in Vituralbox v4.3 and downloaded
evolution-3.12.2.tar.xz and

So you downloaded a *source code* tarball of Evolution (and source code
needs to get compiled first to be executed as a program).
And just for the records, 3.12.4 is the latest stable Evolution version.

extracted it to a folder evolution-3.12.2 and need instructions on how
to install it?

If you really want to do this and know what you are doing:
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/06/install-from-source/
But if you have never compiled and installed source code tarballs and
their dependencies, then this is nothing to recommend.

Instead, take the pre-compiled package provided by your distribution and
install that one.

Sorry for the previous effusion of snark -- I'm really not happy with
Ubuntu at the moment over the whole bogofilter thing.

Can you suggest the least painful way of getting a version of Evolution
working on Ubuntu 14.04 that has a working bogofilter interface?

--

Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com