Re: [Evolution] Address book through WebDAV - client certificate authentication

On Sat, 2014-04-26 at 14:39 +0200, naszy wrote:
I would like to connect Evolution to a WebDAV-based address book server.
The server requires that a valid client's certificate be provided for
authentication. I have installed the self-signed CA's certificate (all
trust settings temporarily enabled), server's certificate and my own
certificate through the 'Evolution Preferences -> Certificates'
interface. Unfortunately, what I noticed is that in my case, Evolution
will neither send the client's certificate to the server, nor will it
show a dialog which would make it possible to select an appropriate
certificate. This results in an authentication failure. At the same
time, I was able to authenticate to the server using Firefox and the
same set of certificates, which proves that the server indeed sends a
certificate request to the client (I had to select the certificate from
a list).

        Hi,
unfortunately, Evolution doesn't support login with certificates, not
even in the current development version (3.13.1). Such functionality
might be developed in the future, but there is no ETA for it. It might
be good to search bugzilla ( http://bugzilla.gnome.org ) and see whether
Evolution or evolution-data-server has filled such bug report, and
eventually fill a new one with the request.
        Bye,
        Milan