Re: [Evolution] Running Evolution on two distros with base data from one of them

I am currently migrating from one distro to another one (on the same
hard disk)

What version(s) of Evolution?

 and it would be great if I could use Evolution both in my to-be-setup
distro and my existing, working one until I'm fully done configuring
the new system.

Is it somehow possible to point the "new" Evolution to the files and
folders of  the "old" one? I tried making a linked .evolution folder
in my home folder to the existing .evolution folder but that didn't
work.

It's probably not going to work easily - the location of accounts and
data folders are held in gconf/dconf (depending on version) and if you
don't have the correct configuration in place, Evolution won't see them.

You also have to remember that there have been some quite major
configuration changes to Evo recently, such as changing the format the
messages are stored in, and if your versions span those changes then
there is no way it is going to work.

P.