Re: [Evolution] corrupt message list [solved]

I think the problem was that show was set to "unread messages" instead
of "all messages".  At any rate, I deleted the entire cache this time
(the whole tree for this account) and re-downloaded again, and the
problem persisted.  Then I noticed that show was set to "unread
messages", changed it, and everything was there.

Likely that was the problem all along.  The  only odd thing is that I
never intentionally reset the display to unread messages, and I'm pretty
sure the instant the problem occurred was when I clicked in the message
display or message list.

I'm sorry I didn't notice that sooner.  I've never used that widget so
was ignoring it.

Out of curiosity, and for possible future trouble shooting, are
~/.gconf/evolution
~/.local/share/evolution
~/.cache/evolution
the only 3 areas where info is stored?  What's the breakdown between
them, esp gconf vs local?

Thanks Milan and Pete for your help.

Ross