Re: [Evolution] Evo Printing - "Just the Body wanted"

On Sat, 2013-08-31 at 09:43 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Fri, 2013-08-23 at 04:45 -0600, Bart wrote:
I'm using 3.8.3, but I think it has to do with the versions of the
gnome libraries.  When I print a message, and the printer selection
pop up appears, there's a tab (Headers) that allows me to choose what
parts of the message headers I want printed.  All the header stuff was
selected by default.

FWIW, I rewrote the "Headers" tab in the print dialog from scratch for
version 3.10 to actually work correctly, as I think it was a bit busted
in the 3.8.x series.  Didn't actually honor your custom header selection
or something like that.  It required substantial code refactoring to get
it to work; I felt it was too invasive to backport to 3.8.x.

Matthew Barnes

First, thanks a lot for your reply, and especially for the work you did!

Had you not replied, I would have answered that the print dialog was
part of the general gnome package, not evolution.  OP said he was using
3.8.3 and apparently on Mint.  I'm using 3.8.3 on openSUSE and the print
dialog gives me the option of printing just the message.  And it works!

Does the print dialog allow you to send options to it from the
application?  I guess it must or they're would be nothing for you to
re-write.

Without listing all the various versions of all the gnome files on my
system, and his, is it possible for me to have newer versions of files
than the OP has?  And still have everything work?  Could the fact I'm
using KDE have anything to do with it?

Got me curious now.

Bart