Re: [Evolution] ~/.xsession-errors

On Thu, 2013-10-24 at 20:13 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
yes, all warnings are harmless, I missed to snip the above warnings
after pasting. Annoying is only that ~/.xsession-errors increases that
much by the set_id WebKit warnings. I don't care about the disc space,
but it's not pleasant to check .xsession-errors with KiBs of irrelevant
warnings, assumed there should be an issue. And from time to time I take
a look at .xsession-errors only to see if there's something going wrong,
I didn't notice.

Yeah, what WebKit is doing there is wrong and they need to stop that
immediately.  Issuing a warning for calling a deprecated function is
fine at build time but serves no purpose at run time since end users
can't do anything about it.

The problem is the function it wants us to call was added to WebKit only
very recently, in a version that far exceeds our minimum requirement for
building Evolution.  I'll see if I can hack in some WebKit version check
to silence it for the time being.

Matthew Barnes