Re: [Evolution] Settings not being retained

On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 16:01 -0600, Bart Hollis wrote:
On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 10:10 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2013-05-01 at 16:34 -0600, Bart Hollis wrote:
Evolution 3.6.3 on openSuse 12.3

Hope I'm using the correct terminology here:
When I start Evolution, there are 5 sections in the window,
The Menu bar(s) across the top
Upper left is a folder list.
Lower left are buttons for Mail, Contacts, etc.
Upper right is list of messages for the current folder.
Lower right is a preview of the current message.

In this version of Evolution, the size of the message preview section is
not remembered and is shrunken down to the bottom of the main window.

This is obviously a new undocumented feature, as it didn't act this way
in previous versions.  I am hesitant to upgrade the version number as it
is not available in the openSuse repositories and I don't want to create
any problems.

This is not the end of the world, but I'm wondering if it is possible to
manually modify the file where current settings are stored, and put in
the sizes I wish?  Would it stick then?

A similar issue was discussed on the list in the last few weeks. Check
the list archives.

poc

According to the openSUSE forum, to update Evolution to version 3.8, I
would have to update the entire Gnome system.  As I stated, I'm using
KDE, so I don't have all of Gnome installed.

I very much doubt you would need "all of Gnome", but then I know nothing
about how openSUSE packaging works. BTW I also use KDE (on Fedora).

poc