[Evolution] Clickable links

I didn't get any response to this so I'll ask again:

When I put a URL in an email, whether I paste it in or insert it with 'Insert Link', it arrives non-clickable at its destination.
Nor, on checking, is it clickable on my PC beforehand; although 'Test Link' on the Insert box opens the site.
Yet if the recipient then replies, leaving the original message content in the reply, the link is clickable when it reaches me.
I am also told that the links are clickable when received on smart phones, just not on PCs or laptops.

Does anyone have any idea why or how evolution is doing this?  I'm using Version 2.22.3.1 running on GNewSense.

(There was some reference to this happening back in 2009 but I couldn't find any resolution referred to anywhere.)

Janfany