Re: [Evolution] About performance

On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 20:57 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
Assuming that you meant the "sqlite backend", you have a pretty good
memory as you can remember that 5 years ago, Evolution was way more
performant than the last 4 1/2 years.
I just don't understand why you bring it up now and not earlier?
I think that developers must put an exclamation mark on this issue
since will made evo lost every client.
If a relevant number of users is affected and if the problem has
actually something to do with Evolution, that is correct.
I wonder how to start debugging here. Maybe strace to see what your
computer is doing? Have you checked forums and bugtrackers of your
distribution if other users face the same problem?

The real question is what is it doing when it is sitting there "doing
nothing".  It isn't that hard to suss out.

<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/2012/10/d-is-for-debugging.html>

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383