[Evolution] Evolution over slow/unstable connections

Hi!
I'm a new user of Evolution and I've found some issues when using over a
(very) unstable and (very) slow connection.

The scenario :
I'm using a 3G modem on a very busy network which is connected via
satellite to the continental relay.
The result is a very slow connection (4 to 6 Kbps) and very intermitent
over daytime with many packet losses. This triggers too many timeouts -
on every application -.

For the curious : I'm talking about RapaNui (Easter Island) which is
really a point in the middle of nowhere and it's actually my workplace.

I'm a big fan of using webmails but, in this connectionless scenario, is
quite impossible.
So, i started to use Evolution.

The main issue is regarding the background processing of the mails.
Perhaps is a good choice not to have this issue anymore but, in my case,
it's a headache.
Normally i sit to send many mails so, if i let the windows opened, i
began to cope with timeout problems and start to fill my screen with
opened windows losing control of sent/unsent emails.
I've tried working with the offline/online mode. It is useful but i
still want to receive my emails as soon as the connection is up
(remember intermitence) and i often forgot to reconnect Evolution each
time.

Well, for me always the "send in background" feature has been useful in
these conditions so i really miss it in Evolution - and i don't want to
migrate but to see Evolution's evolution ;)

Another important feature, if the send in background make sense, is to
remove popup messages when a mail cannot be successfully delivered.
Popups needs attention and, in this case, will almost always be
triggered.
An indicator in the status bar like "Emails queued: 4" will be a
delight, and perhaps a "silent mode" option to avoid popups.
All these options with the corresponding warnings to the user.

Well, I feel kind of idealistic lawyer fighting for a noble cause after
reading the posts with the explanation of this removed feature, but i
really think is - in certain conditions - a "must have".

Regards to everyone and thanks for Evolution !

vm