[Evolution] How to start fresh with Evo ?

I used Evolution for years and it was solid and stable.  But lately (on verson 3.6.2 for Ubuntu) it has been
so hosed.  I use (or try to) a POP server and an IMAP (gmail) server.  As often as not the POP hangs and
won't fetch properly, and now the IMAP SMTP won't sent. Have to ask:

I wonder if there's a way to start fresh with Evolution? Use the backup tool to save my data and addresses,
purge the .local/mail files for Evo, purge the 3.6.2 via Synaptic, and then reload.  I have a really hard
time believing these configs are wrong; it's not that complicated.

Thoughts?  Bad idea, decent idea.

Also, is there a way to get 3.6.3 via ubuntu?

thx

Reid