Re: [Evolution] Evolution external editor

Unfortunately it doesn't work. It will open Evolution's editor window
and when starting editing, it opens Gedit. When finished the message
written in Gedit is shown by Evolution's editor window, but I neither
can edit the mail addresses, nor can I send it using the existing
address, if I reply. I can't close Evolution's editor window, even
killall evolution doesn't work, I have to killall -9 evolution.

I don't know what to suggest - I've just tried it with Evo 3.6.4 on
Fedora 18 and it all works fine.

[1]
Likely that it doesn't pass list moderation. Reporting issues with Arch
Linux usually is rejected by the list moderator, many other list users
already were banned :D.

I presume you are talking about the the Arch Linux list and not the
Evolution list??

This issue only happens for Evolution, the mouse does work for all other
applications as it should do.

FWIW current message from Evolution, seems to be just the one I usually
get:
"(evolution:1272): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files"

I suspect that this is the problem though - it appears that Evo can't
find the SessionManager, and without that things will probably not work
properly.  I seem to remember you said that you used Xfce and not Gnome?
Is it possible for you to run Gnome as an experiment to make sure that
Evo works properly under that?  If not, then check the Xfce preferences
to see if there is anywhere to enable a Gnome compatible SessionManager.

P.