Re: [Evolution] Moving folders/patryk

bg:
[cut]
Ubuntu 12.04,  Evolution 3.2.3,  Using Evo for at least 7 years,
about 9000 msgs currently in all folders

[cut]
Evo will let me move these folders anywhere I wish, provided I move them
to live *under* some other "top-level" folder. But I cannot move them to
where they belong, which is on the same "top" level as all the other
primary folders in use.

 Patryk Benderz wrote:

      I am not sure if this is same case, but I have tested this, and
evolution crashes when I try drag&drop folder to any place.

bg:

Didn't crash when I tried drag & drop, but didn't move them, either.

Patryk:

 I have
created bug report for this[1] on launchpad. Should I do the same on
bugzilla?

bg:

It probably wood be a good idea for anything which crashes the system.

      However when i right click on this folder and use option 'Move folder
to...' than it works fine. Did you tried second method?

bg:

Yes, I've tried all three ways. One of the tries lost a folder
completely and I still haven't been able to find out where Evo sent it.

But for what it's worth, I finally got creative, and instead of beating
my head against a wall trying to get Evo to do something it plainly was
not capable of doing, I sought a workaround. I moved all the subfolders
under Temp, the contents of the top folders to temporary names, then
set up the originals as if they were new, moved the temp messages back
into them, and the Temp-parked subfolders back under their proper new
main folders, so except for that missing one, it's all fixed. I hope :-)

One of these days I'll try posting again about Evo's Contacts section
being unwilling to follow its own sorting instructions :-)

Thanks again for trying to help.

Brewster
"No philosophy exists in a vacuum; there are always particular
 opposing philosophies which coexist in any historical period, and
 every philosophy engages, implicitly or explicitly, in controversy
 with its opponents. Philosophy may seek truth, but it seeks it in
 an adversarial as well as in an investigative manner."

                        Andrew Collier
 W. Brewster Gillett            bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
 Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.