Re: [Evolution] Evo just downloaded all my mail again

Hi :)
I think Windows Server has a different way of counting time that gradually gets it out-of-sync with the rest of the world.  On our network we have to reset the Windows Server clock about 1/year.  Just after it becomes around 10mins out of sync with reality the various desktops authentification suddenly starts to fail.

I don't think the desktops themselves suffer at all from having different times in different OSes.  It's an interesting idea.

I have been considering installing Windows inside a virtual machine inside a Gnu&Linux but preferably not inside Ubuntu.  I would prefer to use one that uses minimal resources when it's "idle" or just ticking over.  SLiTaZ perhaps, or Tiny Core, or Arch, or Slackware or something.  Ubuntu tends to hog resources quite a bit and i would want most of those resources available for Windows because Windows is really demanding.  For me the advantage would be being able to copy&paste between the host and the client OSes as well as being able to back-up Windows very easily and restore it in just a few seconds, perhaps even faster than defragging typically takes.

The advantage of dual-booting is that you get the entire resources (except hard-drive space) available entirely for whichever OS you are actually using.  None is taken up by the other OS.  Plus each one is independant of the other.  If one fails it doesn't make the other fail too.

Virtualisation seems to be a good way of combining the potential problems of the host and the client OSes.  However, it does apparently make it much easier to do some pretty neat tricks wrt to backing up and more.

Just my 2 centos
Regards from
Tom :)