Re: [Evolution] Corrupted backup TAR archives

On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 20:41 -0900, portsample wrote:
Curiously, the installation that I'm trying to pull the backups from can
read and search the 2003 - 2013 emails with no problem.
I'd really like to do a complete backup of my 2003-2013 emails for
migration to a new machine at some point. Is there a better low level
method to do a backup and restore? Should everything in the inbox be
restored when I
import /home/user/.local/share/evolution/mail/local_mbox/Inbox?
Thanks for clarification and enlightenment regarding this issue.

If you really just want to transfer mail then:

1.) Create a new "maildir" account to some local folder.
2.) Drag-n-drop the messages from wherever they are to that new account.
3.) Backup that folder.
4.) Restore that folder over yonder.
5.) Add a new maildir account over yonder pointing to that folder.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383