Re: [Evolution] Time drift in Evolution when entering

Hello, and thanks for replying, everybody!

I am not sure if it is best to reply inline or on the top. Here goes "on the top" (please advice otherwise):

- My version of Evolution is 3.4.4 (sorry, me amateur forgetting that)
- It's only when entering an appointment on my phone it drifts in Evolution. When entering an appointment using Outlook or OWA, it displays correctly in Evolution - I am not totally convinced that the problem is entirely on the phone since appointments entered on my phone displays correctly in Outlook and OWA. It's only in Evolution they drift, and only when appointments are entered on the phone. - Edit - Preferences - Calendar and Tasks: Timezone set to system, which is Europe/Oslo
- System time zone is Europe/Oslo and NTP is enabled.

Any ideas? Appreciate any help since I really like Evolution

Best regards
globus68

------------------------------ Message: 4 Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 20:27:20 +0200 From: Vidar Evenrud Seeberg <web infosikring no> To: evolution-list gnome org Subject: [Evolution] Time drift in Evolution when entering appointment in Android Message-ID: <516C4688 7040006 infosikring no> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Hello! Sorry for eventually breaking any conventions... I am new to using such support options... :) Configuration: - Evolution on Linux Mint Debian edition, MATE desktop - Corporate Exchange 2010 server - Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2 using stock SPlanner and Touchdown My problem: I am experiencing a strange problem when entering an appointment in my Galaxy S3 using either Touchdown or the stock SPlanner. When the appointment is synced to Exchange 2010 it all displays correctly in MS Outlook and Outlook Web Access. However, when opening Evolution on my computer the appontment has drifted two hours forward. E.g when entering an appointment at 10 am on the S3 it shows up at 8 am in Evolution. The other way around, everything syncs OK: entring an appointment in Evolution syncs perfectly back to S3/Touchdown. I live in Norway, which currently is at time zone Norway/Oslo (+2). Both my phone and my PC are set up with this time zone. Any ideas where to start looking? Best regards globus68 ------------------------------ Message: 5 Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:54:43 +0100 From: Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> To: evolution-list gnome org Subject: Re: [Evolution] Time drift in Evolution when entering appointment in Android Message-ID: <1366052083 2238 9 camel linus> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
Sorry for eventually breaking any conventions... I am new to using such
support options... :)

Configuration:
- Evolution on Linux Mint Debian edition, MATE desktop
First, always give the version of Evolution you are using - things
progress at a surprising pace, so answers are sometimes dependent on the
version you are using.  And not everyone uses the same distro, so we
don't know what version you are using from that.

- Corporate Exchange 2010 server
- Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.2 using stock SPlanner and Touchdown

My problem: I am experiencing a strange problem when entering an
appointment in my Galaxy S3 using either Touchdown or the stock
SPlanner. When the appointment is synced to Exchange 2010 it all
displays correctly in MS Outlook and Outlook Web Access. However, when
opening Evolution on my computer the appontment has drifted two hours
forward. E.g when entering an appointment at 10 am on the S3 it shows up
at 8 am in Evolution.
If you enter an appointment in Outlook/OWA, is it wrong as well?  Or is
it only when you use your mobile?  (If it's OK, then it's your mobile at
fault, not Evo.)

  The other way around, everything syncs OK: entring
an appointment in Evolution syncs perfectly back to S3/Touchdown.

I live in Norway, which currently is at time zone Norway/Oslo (+2). Both
my phone and my PC are set up with this time zone.

Any ideas where to start looking?
Have a look in Edit -> Preferences -> Calendar and Tasks to make sure
the timezone is set to what you think it should be - easiest is to set
it to use the system time zone.  Also check to make sure your system
time is set to Zulu - do 'TZ=Zulu date' and the date/time that is
printed out should be 2 hours behind.  If it's not, then I think things
are getting confused about the various time settings.  The easiest thing
with Linux is to enable NTP and let the system find its own time.

P.