Re: [Evolution] About performance

On Tue, 2013-04-09 at 23:34 +0200, Thomas Prost wrote:
Am Montag, den 11.03.2013, 15:17 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 20:20 +0100, Gonzalo Aguilar Delgado wrote:
I'm experiencing a lot of performance issues with latests evolution. I
think that since introduction of sql backend.
You might try this:
1) Stop Evo completely ("evolution --force-shutdown")
2) Vacuum the SQL database:
        cd ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/
        for i in `find . -name folders.db`
        do
                echo "Rebuilding Table $i"
                sqlite3 $i "vacuum;"
        done
It may or may not help, but it won't do any harm.
Seems it worked - even though I couldn't find the vacuum command in the
man page ?:-| ???

??? "vacuum" is an sqlite command; it is PostgreSQL like syntax
equivalent to what most databases call "UPDATE STATISTICS" [although it
does have a somewhat different connotation].

Many applications use SQLite and suffer from this same problem.  I wrote
a script that searched for SQLite database and vacuums them all.

<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/2011/11/all-those-sqlite-databases.html>

Applications have gotten better about the care and feeding of their pet
databases, but running through them occasionally doesn't hurt - and
sometimes releases a surprising amount of disk space.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383