Re: [Evolution] Evolution renumbering quoted lists in reply

On Thu, 2012-09-06 at 23:31 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
I suspect you should file it as a bug, although I think it is actually
nothing to do with Evolution and will be passed to the GTKHtml editor
people.  If you do put it in Bugzilla, then please let this list know
the bug ID so it can be traced in the future.

        Hi,
there is a plan to have the Evolution message composer based on
WebKitGtk in 3.8.0+, thus the editor will move away from GtkHTML.
It'll take some time, but it's coming.

The thing is that GtkHTML is basically unmaintained these days, thus
it's a question whether filling bug report against it will take any
attention.

There will be a change with WebKit-based editor about the way how HTML
email will be transferred into plain text. It'll drop all underlying
formatting (after asking whether user really wants to do that), thus
there will be no "view as plain text on HTML message in the background",
which will fix one part of the issue. Whether numbering of lists will
work properly with HTML messages is a question of testing it. You can
read more here [1].
        Bye,
        Milan

[1]