Re: [Evolution] [Fwd: Re: local mail spool still unaccessible with evo 3.4.4.-1]

On Thu, 2012-10-25 at 11:34 +0200, Svante Signell wrote:
severity 640851 serious
found 640851 3.4.3-1
found 640851 3.4.4-1
thanks

I was waiting for the latest bugfix release to see if the local mailbox
spool problem was solved. Unfortunately it was not :( Local mails are
delivered to /var/mail/<username> and these are the settings used for
the local mail account in evo. However, evo looks for this mailbox file
at  ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/<some_strange_directory_name>
containing the following files: INBOX.ibex.index.data, INBOX.ibex.index,
INBOX.cmeta, folders.db

They are the normal indexing and config files for mail accounts - they
don't contain any emails.

Removing these files and restarting evo does not help: evo complains
about: "Summary and folder mismatch, even after a sync"
In the settings the local account is flagged as of type spool and for
Receiving Email the setting is: Standard Unix mbox spool file.

More information: Evolution tries to store the mailbox entry
at /<username>/INBOX which doesn't exist, when the mbox file is
at /var/mail/<username> . That filename is given in the evo settings for
that mail account, but is not honored??

(evolution:8019): evolution-mail-WARNING **: Failed to refresh folders:
Error storing 'mailbox: /<username>/INBOX (spool)': Summary and folder
mismatch, even after a sync

As far as I can see what you are trying to do works fine on my box (Evo
3.4.4 on FC17) - i.e. I can create an account of type "Standard Unix
mbox spool file" and point it at /var/spool/mail/<username> and it
displays the mail in the mail spool.

It really sounds as though there is something up with your configuration
somewhere. Can I suggest that you create another Unix user with a clean
configuration and try the same thing.  If it works, then you should
delete the configuration from within Evolution, then close Evo and check
in gconf (or is it dconf for 3.4) that everything has gone, then delete
the corresponding directory in .local/share/evolution/mail. You should
then have a clean configuration and you can recreate the account with
Evolution.

P.