Re: [Evolution] Search folders not updating

Am Montag, den 08.10.2012, 06:05 -0600 schrieb Zan Lynx:
I get that every so often with 3.2. A workaround is to edit the
folder's search filter. I usually just add a space at the end. That
will force a refresh. Only on that one folder unfortunately.

Graham Murray <GMurray webwayone co uk> wrote:
        I am using evolution 3.4.4 with the ews backend.

        In order to expire old mailing list posts, I have a number of search
        folders set with conditions (Date Sent is before ....) applied to
        folders to which mailing list posts are filtered. The intention is to
        periodically delete all messages in these search folders.

        Each folder was populated with the appropriate 'old' messages when I
        created it, but no new messages have been added to the search folders
        since. I have tried right clicking and pressing 'refresh', I have
        restarted evolution, all with no effect.

That's right. Editing the search conditions of the search folders will
do the update.
Another thing you can do is to expunge the junk folder with Ctrl-E. Then
your search folders will be updated. I have set in my preferences to
empty my junk folder upon exit once a week to do that automatically.

--
thomas