Re: [Evolution] Evolution on Ubuntu many problems - Help required

Hi Jonathan,

[CC'ing as not subscribed to the list]

On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 21:43 +0000, Jonathan Harrison wrote:
These issues are not on ONE machine, but 5.  A mix of home build and
off the shelf, 32-bit and 64-bit, fresh build and upgrade, so no
common denominator other than they are all on the same release of
Ubuntu 12:10 and latest Evolution 3.6.0.  Here are the issues:

1. Since Ubuntu upgrade to 12:10 from 12:04 Evolution keeps crashing.
I had this issue with 12:04 and fixed it by purging and reinstalling.
I followed the same steps, but this time it does not work.

If your application crashes, please get a backtrace. See
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/bugs.shtml#backtrace or
https://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces/Details#Obtaining_a_stack_trace_using_GDB

Ubuntu should also have a tool to create such stuff automatically,
called "Apport". Don't know why it doesn't trigger for you.

I have about 5 accounts I manage in my client. One is my Default. I
have set different auto-signatures for each account. When I create a
message it adds the correct auto-signature, BUT also adds the default
signature too.

Two signatures? Both with the "-- " in front of them, or how can I
imagine this? Which one is shown by the "Signature" dropdown in the
upper right corner in the email composer?

 I have disabled the auto-signature in the Default account and it has
stopped happening, but I do not now have an auto-signature in the main
account, I have to add it manually.

http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.6/mail-composer-mail-signatures.html
covers how to use and set signatures.

3. In "Reply" the first character of the eMail Header is put on the
end of the previous line. I.e. if the Header of the replied message
is:

Which reply type do you use by default? See
http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/3.6/mail-composer-reply.html.en#default-settings
Does this also happen with other reply types?

4. Also it hangs when synchronizing... Not all the time, just when it
has a number of folders to synchronise and always after about `5
minutes of use. I have to kill it and reboot, which is not good.

Synchronizing what exactly?

5.  In Calendar, when invitations are responded to, it does not
recognise them so can not update the record.

Which calendar type is this about? A local one, or remote (Google
calendar, Ubuntu One, etc)?

6. Also in Calendar the tabs for Chair and "required attendee" do not
work....

What does "do not work" mean exactly?
What exactly do you do, what happens, what doesn't happen?

andre

--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/