Re: [Evolution] Tranfer of accounts

2012/5/7 Antonio M <antonio montagnani gmail com>

2012/5/7 Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk>

First, it would help people to give a proper answer if you told us what
the versions of Evolution you are talking about

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 10:38 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
> I am trying to transfer an account from an old computer to a new one.
> I made the back-up of the complete directory of the user.
>
> Then I copied the following files in the new folder..
>

> $HOME/.local/share/evolution
>
> $HOME/.config/evolution
>
> $HOME/.cache/evolution
>
> $HOME/.gconf/apps/evolution

Playing with Evolution's (or any other application's) internal data
files is never a good idea unless you really, really know what you are
doing.

> But when I start Evolution, I get the account assistant running and I
> don't see the old account.
> Where is my mistake???

Use the backup and restore function from within Evolution - i.e. create
a backup file in the old Evolution and restore it with the new
Evolution.

P.

it should have been easier, but the old PC has been cleaned so I can't use the backup/restore procedure

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52

Linux Fedora 16 Verne