Re: [Evolution] webcal for time of full moon rise at a location

Alex DePillis <alex depillis org> wrote:
Has anyone run across a calendar for evolution that gives the time and
day that the full moon rises, at a location?
This is the only astronomical calendar that I know of:
webcal://cantonbecker.com/astronomy-calendar/astrocal.ics
Good stuff.  "Full moon" is strictly defined, i.e. "...a full moon
occurs when the geocentric apparent (ecliptic) longitudes of the Sun
and
Moon differ by 180 degrees; the Moon is then in opposition with the
Sun.[1]" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_moon)
Whereas I'm looking for the time of day the full moon rises in, for
example, Chicago.

No, I've never seen such a thing.  But it sounds fun and useful.  Maybe I'll put one together.

Just pass a lat/long as url parameter and get an icalendar file for the next 90 days or a date range
specified in the url?
--
Adam Tauno Williams