[Evolution] Unable to import PKCS12 certificate

Hello All,

My mail server has a self signed certificate, and I wanted to import it
into Evolution, to prevent it continuously asking me to accept the "bad"
certificate.

I first converted my pem format certificate to pkcs12 format:

 openssl pkcs12 -export -in /etc/pki/xxxx_cert.pem
inkey /etc/pki/xxx_key.pem -out xxx_cert.pkcs12

I then used Edit->Preferences->Certificates->Contact
Certificates->Import to import xxx_cert.pkcs12

I get the following error:
Failed to import certificate: security library failure

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance
Chandana