[Evolution] Errors when fetching mail from many accounts

I have configured 9 POP accounts in my Evolution settings, which probably isn't unusual.

If I enable 6 or more account to fetch email, and press Send/Receive or wait for the scheduled tasks to kick in, I get this error;

Error while Fetching Mail.
Failed to read a valid greeting from POP server sub.domain.com

I do not get this error when download from 5 or fewer accounts. I should add that all accounts reside on the same mail server.

I did not have this problem in Evolution 2.x (few weeks back) and therefore don't think the mail server is too slow in serving all POP requests simultaneously (does Evolution even do that?).

Still, even with this error, all POP tasks are reported as Complete (in the little pop-up window that appears when you press Send/Receive) and email is apparently downloaded from all accounts.

I could not locate a log file where additional information about these events are kept. Anyone?

Is there a way to avoid or even suppress the reporting of such errors?

Versions:
Ubuntu 12.04
Evolution v. 3.2.3