Re: [Evolution] KDE vs. Evolution -- Keyboard input fails

On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 17:00 -0700, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
If evolution is started under KDE, a new composer window is opened, and
the message format is changed from "HTML" to "Plain Text"  then keyboard
input to the composer window becomes impossible.  Proper behavior can
sometimes be restored by closing the composer window, sometimes only by
closing evolution completely.  Sometimes mouse input to evolution also
becomes impossible.  This kind of behavior happens only under KDE, not
Gnome.  If evolution is started from a console, it reports no errors.

Has anyone on the list seen this?  There's one other report of a similar
error at:
        https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/1007133
Could it be some kind of keyboard focus problem?

System configuration is:
        Fedora-17 (just installed today; all updates in)
        Evolution 3.4.1 (evolution-3.4.1-2.fc17.x86_64 RPM)
        4-processor x86_64 hardware

I had this problem using Fedora-16, and had hoped that it would go away
under Fedora-17; but it didn't.

I am running Evolution (3.2.3) under openSuse 12.1 x86_64 and am using
KDE 4.7.2 (release 5).  When I used <CTRL> L to reply to your message, I
had to change my default HTML setting to Plain Text.  I had no problem.
I started a new message as a test, and did the change from HTML to Plain
Text also without problems.

I know you said you are using a different version of Evolution so my
response may not apply.  You did say however, that you had the problem
while using an earlier version of Fedora although you didn't say what
version of Evolution.

I only posted this to try to help you narrow down, or perhaps eliminate
a non-problem area.

Bart