Re: [Evolution] Running evolution-3.2.2 outside of the gnome desktop?

On 01/28/2012 12:59 PM, Lailah wrote:

Am Dienstag, den 24.01.2012, 15:51 -0800 schrieb walt:

My reply explained that setting my xfce desktop 'theme' to the
same one my gnome3 setup is using actually fixed the evolution
problem.

Is weird anyway.  I use Evolution with KDE and obviously they doesn't
share anything in the interface and they work without problems.

I would like to know more about this issue.

All I know is that my peculiar problem was caused by icon files that
evolution couldn't find.  Remember, my problem happened when I switched
from gnome to xfce4 and didn't give a single thought to 'themes' until
Pete mentioned it.

I know xfce uses the gnome infrastructure when it's available, including
'theme' compatibility.  Maybe that's why kde would not be affected by this
problem.

Have you switched back and forth between gnome and kde, using evolution
in the same user account in both environments on the same machine?  You
might see interesting problems if you try it :)