Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.2.2: editing google calender of someone else?

I do not have a Google account but I want to edit the calendar of a
co-worker using Evolution. I can see his calender using his private ics
link. He has set the permissions for my e-mail address to "make changes
and manage sharing". I can see and open the events on his calendar but I
cannot edit the events: Evolution says:
Event cannot be edited, because the selected calendar is read only.

Is the calendar under "On the Web" in the sidebar list?  If so, I
thought those calendars were, indeed, read only by design - they are
meant for displaying contents of web based iCal files, not for updating
those files.

Is it possible to do what I want or do I have to have a Google account?
If it is possible, how? Any pointers to recent docs?

I think that is probably the most reliable way to do it - Evolution
seems to handle Google calendars OK.

P.