Re: [Evolution] Resetting mailto: to Evo

On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 15:22 +0000, Dianne Reuby wrote:
I've reset the prefs in Chrome to mailto: = none, removed the handler
completely, but nothing seems to to reset it to use Evo - when I click a
mail address, it loads Chrome.

I'm using Evo 2.30.3 on Ubuntu 10.10.

This has since changed in later GNOME releases, but I think on your
system the mailto: handler is still stored in GConf as:

   /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/command

Try changing the "command" value to "evolution %s".  This is easiest to
do through "gconf-editor" (or in the panel menu under Applications ->
System Tools -> Configuration Editor).  You might need to install the
"gconf-editor" package if it's not listed in the menu.

If that doesn't work, I think the new location is:

   $HOME/.local/share/applications/mimeinfo.cache

Just edit that file in a text editor.

Matthew Barnes