Re: [Evolution] Public Folder Hierarchy

________________________________
From: Mike Cavanagh <mike terrapintesting com>
To: Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>; evolution-list gnome org
Sent: Wednesday, 29 August 2012, 14:11
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Public Folder Hierarchy

Thanks Milan.  I only have centos systems at this point.

If I have time to build a new system, I will give out a try.  Not sure if I could put an rpm from fedora on
to a cent os system.
Mike

From mobile

Hi :)
I thought CentOS made a point of being a free version of RedHat, which uses rpm (stands for RedHat Package
Management)?  Also isn't Fedora a testing ground for packages to see if they work well enough "out in the
wild", in an active distro, before being considered for the RedHat repos?  Do RedHat pay some of their devs
to work on Fedora to compliment the volunteers and others that work on the Fedora project?  Tbh before
checking at DistroWatch i was fairly convinced that Fedora used .deb rather than .rpm just to be weird so
it's good to see that it really does use .rpm.

I think even if this is all true then it's still not completely certain because it's quite likely that things
get recompiled or repackaged before going into the main distro and even then there is a chance of some
dependancy issue.
Regards from
Tom :)