Re: [Evolution] Problem with Inbox indexing.

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 17:28 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 16:10 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
I am using evolution 3.4.3 and periodically I have the problem that the
indexing on Inbox gets stuck. That is when I delete a message the
counter associated with Inbox does not change.

I used to have a method to deal with this. I would remove
Inbox.ibex.index and Evolution would recreate it to correct the problem.
But that no longer works.
I have resorted to saving the data every day so it can be restored
correctly.

How should I deal with with this problem when it occurs?

Have you tried Vacuum?

#!/bin/sh

cd ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/
for i in `find . -name folders.db`
        do
        echo "Rebuilding Table $i"
        sqlite3 $i "vacuum;"
done

(do this with Evo shut down, obviously).

poc
Yes I have, and it does not have any effect.

IF I HAD A MINE SHAFT, I don't think I would just abandon it. There's
got to be a better way. -- Jack Handley, The New Mexican, 1988.