Re: [Evolution] Header 'From' field gets stripped

El día Tuesday, July 31, 2012 a las 08:01:06AM +0200, Matthias Apitz escribió:

Jose, could you please copy in your answer my other maill addr,
<guru OCLC org> to get the mail to an Evo client (Cc'ed ); and specify
where exactly the From: is not visible correctly;

I got the reply of José to my Evo mailbox and the header in Ctrl-U
window looks like this:

    Subject: Re: [Evolution] Header 'From' field gets stripped
    Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:04:11 -0400
    From: =?utf-8?B?Sm9zZSBHLiIgTMOzcGV6?= <josgalo gmail com>
    To: <evolution-list gnome org>
    Cc: "Apitz,Matthias" <guru oclc org>

one notes that the fullname part of the From addr is UTF-8 mime encoded;
but if one resolves this it gives [Jose G." López] (without the []);
see also the attached jpeg which shows the Evo window and in the grey
right part the Ctrl-U window; I can imagine that the single(!) sign " may
disturb some MUA on displaying the full From line correctly;

HIH

        matthias

--
Matthias Apitz