Re: [Evolution] Evolution fails to sort -- puts everything into Junk file.

On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 18:36 -0400, William Case wrote:
On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 20:25 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

Always. For the last week or so.  For example, this message, my original
post and your response both ended up in my Junk folder and not int my
"Evolution" sorted folder.  When I selected both files and moved them to
my Inbox, they then sorted into the Evolution file.

It sounds as if either your local junk plugin or your ISP's junk filter
is classifying everything as junk.  Try turning off the junk mail
checking/filtering.  Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Mail Preferences ->
Junk - there you will you find the various options that control the junk
filtering behaviour - basically try unticking everything and see if it
starts behaving.

P.
I unchecked every thing in the Junk filter as you suggested.  Everything
is now working fine.  I will wait to see what to turn back on.  Since I
did nothing to cause this problem, I have to assume it showed up in a
recent upgrade.  Who should be warned of a potential bug?

You haven't said which junk filter you're using, which would be useful
to know if anyone wants to help.

It's also possible the filter's own database is borked in some way. You
can test Bogofilter from the Shell (just feed it a known ham and known
spam and see what it does). I assume SpamAssassin also allows this.

poc