[Evolution] email missing from .evolution backup folder

I'm trying to restore my old emails on a new linux install (Fedora 15) from my saved .evolution folder. But all I see there are a cache folder and a tasks folder. And even tho I did an rdiff-backup of my entire home folder yesterday (9/20) before I started the new installation, the backup shows Sept 8 as the date modified, even tho I have been using evolution extensively since then.

Sept 8 was about the time I started working on this new computer. I've gone through a couple of installs with different distros. For about two weeks I was using Ubuntu 11.04 and had Evolution running there based on an Evolution backup. But none of my old emails or the emails I did since Sept 8 are in the .evolution folder.  What could have happened? Is Evolution now storing emails somewhere else?

Thanks.