Re: [Evolution] Problems with message filtering and automatic expunging

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 09:22 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 13:12 +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
When adding a filter rule to move a message from the INBOX to a folder,
that mail disappears from the INBOX folder immediately. This happens
even if the Show Deleted Messages in the View menu has been selected.
Deleting messages from the INBOX manually works OK, they don't disappear
until I expunge that folder...
Since I cannot find where to change this behaviour, I need som help
here.

What version of Evolution?  What type of mailbox [local, POP, IMAP,
IMAPX, Exchange, Groupwise, ....]?

Sorry, I sent that mail too early: Debian version  3.0.3-2, POP3
account. It does not happen on the IMAP account I have.

I don't think MOVE is the same as DELETE (although they might be the
same in IMAP protocol terms) - most clients for a MOVE will do a COPY +
EXPUNGE {id}.  So the message will not appear in the source folder as
deleted, it will just be gone.

The move I talk about is to move from either POP3 or IMAP to a local
folder. For the POP3 account moved mail disappear and for IMAP they are
marked as deleted, but not expunged. I have requested that the mails are
kept on the server until expunged (maybe this does not work for POP3)