Re: [Evolution] [ANNOUNCE] Evolution-EWS (Exchange Web Services) Alpha release

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:27 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:
On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 20:02 +0300, Ruslan Tarasov wrote:
1. There is no virtual Trash directory in a new EWS account. This
makes it hard to track deleted messages. As an alternative it would be
useful to move deleted mails to "Delete Items" directory instead of
marking them as deleted.

Our initial testers actually complained about the *presence* of the
virtual 'Trash' folder, and rightly so IMO. You don't want a Trash
folder *any* a Deleted Items folder.

If you want vfolders, there's a home for them right at the bottom of the
folder pane. They have no business being mixed in with the *real*
folders.

There is certainly more work to be done on deletion. We know how to
*read* the 'deleted' flag which is set when we mark a message as
\Deleted on the IMAP side, but we haven't yet worked out how to *set* it
from EWS yet.

Ideally, I would like messages to be moved to "Deleted Items" when I
delete them, but even the current way (marking them as deleted
instead), is OK to me. If the second way is going to stay, then I
would like to have some virtual Trash. I did not find the way to
create a search folders that would show deleted items for me. It is
possible to use such criteria (status=deleted), but all the messages
in such search folder will be hidden :)

Anyway, I found the commit where you disable Trash, so I will be able
to enable it myself for me only.

2. Address book is not working. It says "Detailed error message:
Invalid source" for some reason.

I think I fixed that today.

Address auto-complete works perfectly with the last version from git. Thanks!

Contacts still do not seem to show on the contacts tab in evolution,
but auto-complete is more than enough for me.

--
dwmw2

Generally, EWS works extremely nice and much more stable than
evolution-mapi used to. Thank you for your great job!