Re: [Evolution] Some features not working after move to amd64

On Mon, 2011-05-16 at 18:20 -0500, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
I recently got a new sever (64bit) and installed evolution and then
tared up my evolution files on my old i386 server and moved it to my
new sever.

How did you tar them up?  Did you use the "Backup Evolution Settings"
function within Evo?  What was your previous version?

  I wasn't sure if the sqlite db files would be okay, but
I ran the sqlite vacuum on them and removed all the ibex files before
starting up the new evolution.

As far as I know you can just blow away the db files anyway - they get
recreated automatically by Evo.

  All my folders are there, but certain
features are not working.  For one I don't see a spamd running, which I
always saw on my other servers (started by evolution).  I don't know if
one is supposed to be running all the time or just started when needed.
I did notice that sometimes there would be more than one spamd running
and I needed to kill them.

I think Evolution now uses bogofilter by default rather than
spamassassin (I don't use it, I have server side spam filtering).  Make
sure you have the right packages installed and that you have the
relevant options enabled.

  Also the mark messages read is not working
when I click on the message, I have to click the mail icon on the left
or right click for the menu and mark as read.  Images are not being
loaded in the emails and if I go into preferences to change the behavior
the options for images are grayed out so I am not able to select any of
them.  I suspect one of my configs or db files from the i386 server is
causing the issue.  Can anyone deny or confirm this?

You could try creating a new account with a clean config of Evo to see
if the issue is with Evo itself or with your specific setup.

In anycase there has been a long (a v.loooong) thread recently about Evo
2.32.1 on FreeBSD (which I see you are using - you didn't actually say)
and it looks like the port isn't fully working yet (that's just reading
between the lines), so it might be worthwhile engaging with the FreeBSD
community about this.

P.