Re: [Evolution] evolution crashing

Dear Bart et al.
On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 13:42 -0400, Bart Hollis wrote:
Quite often, evolution crashes.  (Evo 2.30.1.2 on openSuse 11.3 on top
of KDE)  It just goes away.  If I start it from a command prompt, I can
see quite a few errors, the final ones being fatal (of course).  It's
been doing this for a while and I thought to just wait and see if it got
fixed and an update provided.

I get what appears to be the same thing with Evo. 2.12.3 on RedHat
EL 5.6 (64 bit), gnome 2.16, i.e. evo just disappears at almost any
random time no matter what I am doing, but no error messages.
I reported this to RedHat (who have not fixed it through all
subreleases of EL5), but not to the evo bugzilla because the
version is so old, but I am mentioning it now because the fact
that this problem has survived so many releases may help narrow
it down.
I don't have the debug packages installed, but I could if that
would help someone.  Probably better to work with the current
version, which I cannot do as yet.
Best,
George Reeke