Re: [Evolution] Up to date Exchange connector?

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 09:29 -0700, pablo a saavedra gmail com wrote:
Is there any evolution-ews built package already? What's the state of
the connector?

Not yet. We're planning to get an Alpha release out in the next week or
so, and then we might build packages for it.

I'm currently reading all my company mail with evolution-ews, and have
been for a few weeks now. I'm cheating by using SMTP for sending, and
saving to my outbox by IMAP. That'll be fixed for the Alpha release
though.

We currently have basic mail functionality working for:
 - Reading mail (of course)
 - Marking mail as answered or forwarded
 - Moving/renaming mail folders
 - Moving/copying mail between folders

For the Alpha release we will also be able to:
 - Send mail
 - Save mail to Outbox
 - Delete mail

We also have basic calendar functionality working. It'll show you your
calendar, and by the Alpha release we'll have made it cope properly with
exceptions to recurring meetings (when individual instances of a
recurring meeting are deleted or modified).

Write support to the calendar is partly there too, but we're not making
any claims about it for the Alpha release. We can delete appointments
and create non-recurring appointments. We'll do more work on that for
the next (Beta?) release.

Chen has also been working on the address book (the personal one, not
the GAL). I have no idea how far that's come, but I think the plan is
still to have that working in the Alpha release too.

There aren't any packages (yet) but you should be able to clone
git://git.infradead.org/evolution-ews.git and build it for Evolution
2.32 manually. You don't have to rebuild Evolution or EDS; just have the
corresponding -devel packages for them installed.

David Woodhouse intel com                              Intel Corporation