Re: [Evolution] Reply to list

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 13:43 +0200, Mark Widdicombe wrote:
Good day all,

I am a member of the ubuntu-users list.  When I receive an email from
the list the sender's email address appears in the 'sender' and
'reply-to' field, so if 'Reply' is clicked, the reply goes to the
sender,

Correct, which is correct.

 and if 'Reply to all' is clicked, the reply goes to the sender and
the list is in the 'Cc' field.

Correct, which is correct.

If I want to send the reply to the list only, I have to delete the
sender's address form the 'To' field, copy the 'Cc' (list) address and
copy it into the 'To' field before clicking 'Send'.

Yep.

Google reveals that the list address should be in the 'Reply-to' field
of the original message, not the sender's address, in which case the

Google doesn't say anything.  And *please* it is "The Internet" not
"Google". What site did you go to?

'Reply to list' option should be enabled in the 'Message' menu, or
CTRL-L would work to reply to the list.

Only if there are proper list headers in the message.

The cause of the problem is probably the way the Ubuntu list has been
set up,

Yep.  Or someone did a Reply-To-All to one of your replies and you have
their reply [which won't include the list headers].  Why in 2011 some,
very technical people, *still* can't use e-mail correctly is beyond
comprehension.

 but is there a way around this cumbersome cutting and pasting I have
to do to reply to this list?

No.