Re: [Evolution] Evolution and NTLM v2

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 11:13 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 08:09 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:

        Hi,
GAL in evolution-exchange is using patched openldap. The patch adds ntlm
authentication. It doesn't use camel for addresbook at all. Maybe your
change can be modified for the openldap patch [1].

Oh for $DEITY's sake. Yet *another* separate implementation of NTLM?

The patch that David provided might be the right place for it. It just
supports NTLM v2 as well (not supported earlier)

The openldap maintainers did not absorb the openldap-ntlm patch (a few
issues for the rejection)

Also best would be to implement Kerberos authentication for GAL instead
of any NTLM authentications (Kerberos has replaced NTLM as the default
authentication protocol in an Active Directory based single sign-on
scheme) But if NTLM v2 works for now, sure why not :)

Regards,
Bharath

How many of these bloody things do we need? Does everyone just wake up
one morning and think that they'll write a new implementation of it,
just for fun? :)

Oh well, at least this one is substantially the same code as the one I
just patched. So my changes ought to apply to server/xntlm/xntlm.c in
the evolution-exchange repo relatively easily.

I find it depressing just how many separate implementations of NTLM we
have. Can I at least write one and add it to glib, so we can shoot
anyone who uses their own in a GNOME program?

It is particularly annoying because my current task is to go through
*all* of them, fixing them to work in single-sign-on mode (which means
running /usr/bin/ntlm_auth if it exists, and letting *it* handle the
whole challenge/response exchange).